Thursday, March 18, 2010

Shedding the Fat Now

Why another blog? I was always the athletic guy when I was younger. I spent 13 years in the US Army and I was always the guy leading PT, setting the pace on road marches, calling cadence for unit runs, running 10k and being obnoxiously healthy. However when I got out I continued to eat at the level I had before, but no where near the physical activity. Over the last 17 years I've ballooned up to 295 at one time and starting my journey now at 282.

My real motivation came when I went to the emergency room for chest pains. Not my heart, thank God! Only stress. Of course, this was a stress attack during my vacation. Worse, when they were running tests they found my blood pressure and blood sugar levels were sky high. My wife is a diabetic, so I know the dangers there. Considering my weight, it shouldn't have been a shock. I am motivated to shed the fat I carry around now.

Last week, my weight was 276. For this week, my goals are:
This Week: 275 or less
Middle term goal: Below 250
Long term Goal: Below 200
Ultimate Goal: 190.

Also I want to become healthier in my life and to provide an inspiration to my wife to motivate her to do the things she needs to do to live a healthier lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment